Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Blessingway...


On January 8th, I gathered with some of my closest mother friends and shared in a Blessingway.

"A Blessingway ceremony creates a sacred and safe environment where a mother-to-be can explore the challenges and joys that lie before her as she approaches birthing and mothering. Surrounded by the important women in her life, she gains a sense of power, confidence, and support that will help her rise to motherhood." as described by www.blessingwaybook.com/

This was my experience. I felt fear and sadness. I also felt joy and an beautiful peace. As we gathered in a circle and the women introduced themselves to Jesse, I heard only love in their voices. I felt their love for me, Jesse, for my sons, and for my entire family. I felt as though Jesse's life is so important and my motherhood was confirmed.

I felt some fear leave my body and be replaced by the confidence I need to take the next steps in our Journey with Jesse. No matter how hard they may be. I feel I am not alone!

This was my first experience with a Blessingway, and it was more powerful then I could have imagined.
We Honored, we Crafted, we Laughed, we Cried, we Sang, we Ate, we Joined together as women, mothers, and friends. A bond that will not be easily broken.


LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS, IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment